GACTE By-Laws Approved Changes – 2016
Submitted by the GACTE Bylaws Committee
David McDermott, Chair
Article V – Section 3B – Qualifications of Officers
The president-elect shall:
1. Be a professional ACTE/GACTE member in good standing for at least four (4) consecutive years and have served within the past five years as a GACTE voting Board Member, GACTE Division Vice President, or a GACTE Division President
- Be a recognized leader in the division.
- Promote all phases of career, technical, and agricultural education and be willing to lend support to all divisions of GACTE.
- Support and promote the Strategic Plan of the Association.
- Be able to give a sufficient amount of time to carry out the duties of the office.
Rationale: This change allows us to be in line with the ACTE Bylaws which specify similar requirements for their President-Elect. By adding the GACTE Division Presidents we also open up the prospective pool of nominees to allow additional people to run for the office of President-Elect. It is the view of ACTE and the GACTE Board that candidates for the office of President-Elect are better suited when they have had prior experience serving in a leadership position within the organization.